2020 Block of the Month / First Saturday Sampler
This will be our 8th Annual BOM / First Saturday Sampler and this year, we're doing an original quilt by Cheran Bee, called "Grateful". The quilt will be available in three sizes; King, a generous Queen and a large throw. It will also be offered in two colorways; one based on the colors of fabrics from designer's like Kim Diehl, Janet Nesbitt (One Sister Designs) and Stacy West (Buttermilk Basin). The other colorway will be bright and happy and reminiscent of Lori Holt, of Bee in my Bonnet.
In addition to the three sizes and two colorways, there are also area's of optional applique or additional piecing. So, if you don't enjoy applique, you don't have to do it! One more great thing about this quilt is that the individual units for the quilt are all the same size... so if you start out making the throw size and decide you really like it and want to make the queen or king size, just make more blocks!
First Saturday Sampler Basics:
$30.00 to Register (which includes your binder and pattern) and $5.00 for your January block.
How it works
- Each month, come to class with the completed sections from the prior month. Pick up your next month's pattern and fabric kit for free.
- The class is lecture / demo format, so no hauling your sewing machine anywhere. Just grab a friend and come have fun! You may even win a door prize!
- If you miss class or don't get your "homework" done, pay $5.00 for your next kit, (unless you were sick or your boss made you work the day of class). Just come in anytime after the "first Saturday weekend" to pickup your kit.
- We provide a section of the pattern each month, along with some of the fabric.
- We'll never give background fabric, so that each person may choose their own background color. The program is designed for each of you to use fabrics you love (and may already have in your stash) so that each quilt is unique and personal. The shop will also have lots of fabrics to support the quilt.
- You are not required to use any fabric you are given, so if you'd like to set that aside and do something completely different you are welcome to do so. We encourage you to be creative and make the quilt your own.
- Pattern and fabric kits will be provided January thru November. December is our reveal month with Show-and-Tell and treats!
Can I do this via mail order?
Here's a sketch of the quilt.
- If you live out of the area, you can participate via mail-order. Shipping is a one time fee of $25.00 to cover S&H for the year, with kits mailed out the week after "first Saturday weekend".
Dates and Times:
At this time, classes are scheduled for the First Saturday of each month at various time throughout the day. You're welcome to attend any time that fits your schedule. Additional times on the Friday before and/or the Sunday after will be considered based on enrollment. IF you are enrolled in this class, you will receive an email around the end of the year listing the actual dates and times for all classes.
Always the first Saturday (unless noted)
January 25th (Catch-up class for late enrollment!)
July 11th (the first Saturday in July is July 4th, the shop will be closed.)
December 5th (Party and Reveal Show-and-Tell!)